Skip to main content

Where is winter?

Each day I look out the window expecting to see the world blanketed in whiteness and regret that I have not brought the deicer and snow scraper upstairs, while I grab the myriad of things I need to bring into my home. And yet, the quintessential winter blizzard is still not here.

One fears global warming, but I can remember one winter, as a child on the east coast, when the snow came pouring down in April. Buckets and Buckets full piled up on the streets, after the snow equipment went by. Some mysterious drift of air currents displayed the uunpredictability of weather. Has my longing for the longer falls of the East Coast culminated in this leafless greyness? Did someone up there listen to me? This is not exactly what I had in mind.

The lake near home has changed its mind about providing a place to skate and ski three times over already, as if to tell us that we are all so undecided right now. Winter does not know whether to show its face or not. I expect that it will rampage our streets suddenly just when we have given up--a surprise attack sending everyone home from school, have us pulling out the winter wear still stuck at the back of the closet and be courted by children making snowmen, while others decorate it with trails from sleighs and bounced up and down with rubberized feet.

But, what if this is global warming? Are we in winter in a different way and what is the cost of not knowing? And, what of this spring and summer with the bugs not really killed off. Will the bulbs giving of themself be frozen by a late snow and will there be drought?

My kitchen is small. Where do I store the paper, the plastic, the metal, and I throw away another load not knowing what to do about it. The people running and walking around the lake are they thinking about it too?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

And Suddenly Snow

(To the left is a frost photo by Lida--see more below) (This graphic to the left is public domain, and I thought appropriate to winter's long awaited face this year.) I was looking learily out the window at the falling rain which promised a frozen sheet of glass to come. Nudged to go to the window seats and have a look, I found that frozen puddles already lined the sidewalk and the trees were covered in icicles that, though beautiful, had ominous predictions about the condition of the roads. My knee bandaged from a recent sprain, I decided this was a day to stay home. I returned to my seat in front of the computer and was sitting there for no more then five minutes, when I turned my head to find heavy flakes of snow pouring down from the sky. The trees and sidewalk were already covered with the snows illuminating whiteness, and it brought a lightness to the room that had been deprived by several days of gray skies. It amazed me how quickly all was covered in white, and it ...

Don't Knof If I Believe This Is Possible, but

Constantine and Reincarnation

Just to give you more of an understanding of the manipulations of the Christian religion by Constantine. The rulings during the time of Constantine not only took the cross to the battlefield, from then forward, as the symbol of Christianity, he also was responsible for things like nullifying any thoughts and discussions by Christian domain about the significance of reincarnation, as many places in the bible point to, solidified doctrines that made Christians believe that they were separate from God and must follow in a certain manner or they were heretics and doomed to hell, and bridged the thinking that Jesus was the only son of God. All of this done by one man's fanatical need for control and threats of ostracism and death, starting with a mystical vision that he interpreted literally. Have things changed so much in our present age? If you want to read about reincarnation in the Bible and how this all came about there are excellent articles at: http://reluctant-messenger.com/...